We are currently Seeking a company accountant:
We are looking for a dynamic In-house Accountant. 70% of the job would be doing normal "accountant stuff" like managing payroll, collectables, overseeing billing, preparing budgets, cash-flow forecasts and the like. 30% of the job would be involved in Admin such as property management, client liaison, business planning etc. There is the opportunity for someone with the right skills to get more involved in our business than just taking care of the books, however this is not essential.
There are actually two main companies you would be looking after, there is Seeby Properties (property investment and management company with approximately $25M of property under management), and also Voyager Internet - which is a fast-growing business ISP startup. You would need to be comfortable spending 50% of your time in each of two very different buy equally fast-growing and exciting businesses. You would be working for a young Entrepreneur, who has previously founded several companies - one which had 120 staff at time of sale.
A few different personality and skill types could equally well fill this role
we are essentially looking to "take a load off" one of our existing staff members who is swamped with book-keeping and admin, and would be better used elsewhere in the business. It doesn't matter what your EXACT qualifications or experience is, as long as your AWESOME. You could be a Chartered Accountant, Former CFO, OR simply an Experienced Office administrator.
We could probably work equally well with a steady, experienced traditional financial controller, as we could with a confident young IT / Computer Science / Accounting graduate who has REAL skills, knows what they're doing, and wants to have an opportunity to more forward faster career wise, than would be possible in a traditional fixed role.
- Managing payroll for 7 people at present across two main businesses.
- Working alongside our commercial property manager in the leasing business (who is currently also doing the accounts). This person needs to be freed up to focus on leasing, acquisitions, tenant management, rent reviews etc. You would be responsible for the admin and finance side of the property company.
- Doing GST returns bi-monthly for approximately 6 companies in the group.
- Being the "Office administrator" for the start-up internet company, controlling costs, reconciling various things, basically keeping an eye on the finances, and keeping things running smoothly.
- Debt collection and management
- Accounts Payable management - preparing batches for approval, reconciling credit card statements, dealing with suppliers, reconciling supplier invoices.
- general Office admin tasks.
- management of processes around HR, support of HR plan, managing staff sick days, leave, etc.
- cashflow management and forecasting.
- File annual returns online
- Assist external accountant with preparing annual accounts for the group of companies, or ideally have the skills to be able to do this in-house.
Depending on your capabilities, there is also the opportunity to be involved in:
- Mergers and acquisitions (entrepreneur has previously acquired over 40 small companies in a "roll-up" strategy).- Due diligence investigation and providing advice and assistance.
- Management possibilities
- assist with HR, general strategy, run parts of the business, or business units when owner is overseas.
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience
- Opportunity to add value to an organization, and be rewarded for helping us to achieve sensational results.
- Fast changing environment
- Work with a fun, entrepreneurial team.
- Ideally you should be comfortable working with databases, reports, spreadsheets, budgets, accounts, presentations. Some kind of computer science / Accounting IT background would be a dream fit for us, but is not essential for the role.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Xero Online accounting - would be HUGE advantage, as we use Xero exclusively. We are prepared to train someone up however.
- MS Word - intermediate skills required - advanced would be desired - template docs, forms, mail merges, layouts etc.
- Excel - intermediate skills required - Advanced would be desirable - pivot tables, proficient with calculations, formulas, modelling etc.
- Database Experience - no experience required - any experience in MS Access, Filemaker etc would be a huge bonus though.
- MYOB - Some knowledge would be expected, but we use Xero most of the time so not essential.
- MS Outlook - obviously essential for day-to-day email etc.
- Powerpoint or Keynote: would be an advantage to be able to create presentations
- Happy to crunch numbers all day, but also fun.
- would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and have broader responsibilities than just a vanilla accounting role, but not at the expense of getting our accounts done.
- Highly Organized, careful and accurate.
- Looks for new challenges
- Self-motivating, won't sit around all day if not given specific instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter to "karen AT seeby.co.nz"